Monday, October 09, 2006

Beauty Or The Beholder ...

I love Hollywood flicks and I've been to some really advanced countries ... I've seen my fairshare of haute couture, watached a lot of FTv, have a few model friends ... basically been there done that ... BUT... nothing and I mean nothing can prepare you / me for the 'understated' (read under dressing) of Singapore's women.

I mean the sheer size of those skirts and trust me when I say minis dont compare to these microscopic if not atomic sizes.

Well I'm not complaining ... Its just a matter of first impressions and thats my dilemma. Was I alarmed, shocked, impressed, stunned, fixated ... belive it or not I have no idea.

Now I'm not a lech and I'm proud of that and the female population of the world can rest assured that I did nothing to embarres the male of our species. The question however remains that how should a simple soul like me re-act when presented with such an emphatic vision.

(After thought) Incidently I had been wished good luck for my trip by a real close friend whose text message read "Good luk chasing volcanos n volcanic women :-) have a gud trip". I still wonder if she knew what she was saying ....

3 comments:

serendipity said...

i can believe that the "40" year old lad that i know is NOT a letcher...

but its tough to imagine that a 26 year old's eyes did'nt twinkle looking at skirts representing minimalistic expression?

hummmmmmmm?????????

they'l irritate the hell out of you....then be the reason for the glow you get on a tired day....they'd wana make you run away to neverland (for you it'l be the second time, since you have already run once)........then wana stay in the moment mesmerised by the sheer surprise they give...some pleasant, others not so edible.......they'd wana make you look at them, then look away...only to keep getting an excuse to look keep looking back....

what im trying to say is....
they're not that bad.....
you cant live without them...then you just cant bear them..

as for your friend who sent you a text......

i think she did have some(if not all) clue of what she was saying....even if she was in her deep sleep.

Anonymous said...

Hmm...was wondering that your "Quick Scan" is quite good Mr SAINT! ;-)
just remembered something a friend told me months back... 'A woman's skirt should be long enough to cover the essentials and short enough to arouse interest'!

Quest World said...

Dear Anonymous,
I'm sure that your friend must have the meant the following.
Sense of dressing must be engaging, it does not need to be necessarily short or bare enough to simply cover the essentials.
The idea is to tantalize or tingle somebody's head without being vulgar. It’s about taste, class, elegance and sheer style.
At least for me it’s a huge turn on !
(By the way I love Salwar Kurtas)

As for scan that is an art and I am an artist !

Regards,
Saint - The Beholder