Friday, August 24, 2007

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

'...so God said "Let their be light" and there was light...'

In a setting just as theatrical I've come to realize and understand a few things about myself. And so as has become customary, I shall let my new found divine enlightenment known to the cybernetic world.
1. I hate / condemn / frown upon (as applicable)
a) Self pity & people who indulge in it.
b) Two faced people (crooks). In fact I happen to know a certain variety of Hydra as well.
c) Lack of common sense.
d) Verbal diarrhoea. (senseless stuff)
e) Stubborn dolts.
f) Gay pride parade. I mean I'm straight but I don't go parading down the damn street with a flag advertising it.
g) Certain bitches & bastards. I tolerate a lot of them.
i) The statement 'True love is ...' & the question 'What is true love?'
F*** Off ! Do some work.
j) Show offs. Specially the yuppie puppies.
k) Pseudo class.
2. I love / admire / respect (as applicable)
a) Intelligent, honest, simple and straightforward people. I belive this genre of humankind forms a microscopic percentile that I'm still searching for.
b) Hardworking people with a sense of responsibility and purpose.
c) Selfless people. I'm not advocating anyone to be a sage and renounce the world but simply referring to those who are empathetic to others.
d) Nature.
e) Small pleasures of life.
f) Photography, computers, books, music & movies.
g) My friends.
i) Quest for knowledge. The constant endeavour to better oneself.
k) Money
3. Realizations
a) A Matter of Convenience
After 27 years of existence I have finally learnt the benefits of doing things to suit my convenience. For the perfectionist that I am I've understood that saving lives is not my profession. I just need to do my best and that's it. (period) You might argue "but that's how it should be." Well, I used to usually put my entire life's worth into anything I did. But not anymore. I do a job, like a job and to the very best of my ability (no compromises there). Its just that I no longer make it my life's work. Its not worth it.
Recently, I was asked if I plan to implement the 'Convenience' principle in my personal life. Earlier I wasn't very keen about the whole thing but with the breaking dawn I've realised I seem to be the only idiot not doing so. So well ... here goes.
b) Nothing is impossible because everything is possible. Naturally I am talking about practical stuff.
c) Chaos Theory stands true.
d) People who bull shit go a long way. But I'm still not going to do it. (knowingly)
e) True love is a myth.
f) Life always comes a full circle.
Thank you for your patience.
Sincerely yours,
The Saint.
Issued In Public Interest (Version 1)

1 comment:

serendipity said...

the 50 odd dinners have finally started making some difference..

although i disagree on one point:

true love "exists"....(full stop!)

there are more things to fall for besides humans..

p.s: my new love: dragon prawns & sole in orange sauce :)