Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Analysis and Interpretation !

This Valentines most sought after 'Doctor Ship's (Relationship's) advice !

(By the way from this day hence, I (Dr Ship) am going to start charging for all the advise that I give ... no matter what the topic)

Okay .... All agony aunts and uncles, several councillors, psychologists, psychiatrists and matchmakers will be out of job if couples with troubled relationships follow this one advise.

If you have a problem with your whoever ... Don't brood over them ... Discuss them.
Break the problem down ... Don't break down ... Talk it out.
Don't just sit there thinking what he/she said and what he/she meant. Its just not worth the trouble ... trust me. Instead just walk over ... get into a solution mode and request your partner in crime to do the same and thrash that issue out.

The moment couples get into the analysis and interpretation of what was said and what it meant or worse what was intended or indicated or implied or any such intangible confusion ... disaster reigns !

If despite your best efforts your other half (note : I'm not saying better) refuses to participate in your efforts ... Follow the Traffic Signs! (simplest signals ever created)

Stop ... Look ... Move ON !
(open to analysis and interpretation ... ha ha Got you there !!! Well get your thinking caps on !)

And to make things light at the end of this extremely difficult lesson, here's a forward that I got today....


A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer.

Suddenly the sky clouded above his head and, in a booming voice, the Lord said,
"Because you have TRIED to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish."

The man said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over anytime I want."

The Lord said, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel it would take! It will nearly exhaust several natural resources. I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of something that would honor and glorify me."

The man thought about it for a long time.

Finally he said, "Lord, I wish that I could understand my girlfriend. I want to know how she feels inside, what she's thinking when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says 'nothings wrong,' and how I can make a woman truly happy."

The Lord replied, "You want two lanes or four on that bridge?"

No comments: